Einsteigen Bitte!

Monday, December 11, 2006

No pictures today, just a boring little post.
I need to upload photos from my trip to Luebeck, so i won't say anything about that trip except mmmmm Lecker.
What have i been up to? To be honest I'm struggling to answer that question. I went to see Flushed away with my friend Derek on Saturday night. He doesn't really trust his german very much, so we went to see it in english. I'm kinda glad we did though, the accents were really cool. The jokes about germans being really bad at soccer brought the house down.
Derek's girlfriend Sabrina went home on Friday morning. On Thursday evening I took her to one of the art museums on Museum Island cos Derek had a migrane. Lots of really cool old art, I saw the Thinker from Rodin (again), the Dornauszieher (boy pulling thorn out of foot) (i know you probably dont know what that is, but its really cool to me), some Monet, Manet, Van Gogh, Gaugin, Ceyzane (I can"t remember how to spell these french names), and heaps more too. We spent a large part of the night being really critical. No Kandinsky, Marc or Macke to make me happy, and Sabrina has similar taste to me. It was all fairly dark, where we wanted colour. She started it though, I was trying to be nice to the artists. Afterwards I took her out to Potsdamer Platz cos she'd spent a month in Berlin and not taken any photos of the wall. Derek was feeling better by this time, so he came and met us and took her out to Warschauerstrasse where I'd told them about the East Side Gallery. It's an open air gallery on a couple of kilometres of the remaining wall. Graffiti artists just come and use a space, which in a few days or weeks will then be painted over by someone else. I think it was on Race Around the World once. I didn't go with them cos I've seen it before, and also had to get up really early on Friday for my trip to Luebeck, details of which will come later.
Spent a fairly quiet day at home yesterday, I had some reading to catch up on, plus Der kleine Eisbaer (the little polar bear) was on tv, it's so cute. Might have to get the DVD before i come home.

4 Comments:

  • At 9:24 am, Blogger Miss Anita said…

    wow missy, you have been very very very busy! how cool! miss you lots though. has it snowed yet? you'll have to forgive my ignorace, i'm still blonde underneath it all :p
    my mum says hi.
    yes, christmas is awesome!
    love ya

     
  • At 6:44 pm, Blogger Unknown said…

    Random coincidence - had never heard of the boy pulling the thorn out of his foot until yesterday when we talked about it in a class and now you mention it too wow!! Ok that is really random but awesome way to procrastinate from studying haha :)

     
  • At 2:41 pm, Blogger Lionel said…

    Come on Louise, there's a Dornauszieher on Martinstor in Freiburg!

    Looks like you're having a pretty good time. Don't forget to study once in a while! ;-)

     
  • At 11:17 pm, Blogger Unknown said…

    Well how could I have known that it was there if you never pointed it out to me?? You failed as a friend on that one!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home